You have an Heart (Inverted Triangle) Face Shape!
The widest part of the heart shaped face is the forehead, tapering down through the cheekbones and jawline.
Celebrities with this facial shape include: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyra Banks, Mary Kate Olsen, Avril Lavigne, Reese Witherspoon, and Christina Ricci.
Jennifer Love Hewitt (Left), Tyra Banks(Center), and Mary Kate Olsen (Right) all have a heart facial shape
Now that you have discovered your face shape type, you can learn how to complement it using different hairstyles, makeup, glasses and more. Learn to be your own image consultant and look your best.
Hairstyles For Heart Face Shapes
Your over-all goal with any style you choose is to give the illusion of a narrow forehead and wider jawline. This can be acheived several ways:
- Light fringy bangs to cover your forehead
- Long hair with wavy layers will give the illusion of a wider chin
- Part your hair down the center
- Add volume and body to the jawline with curls at the ends of medium/long hair
Styles To Avoid
- Avoid styles that are straight with no body, or curve inward at the jawline.
- Avoid thick straight bangs
- Avoid styles styles
- Avoid styles inappropriate for your age
Tip: Look for photos of celebrities with inverted triangle face shapes to see what hairstyles work for them!
Makeup for Heart Shaped Faces
The goal with makeup for the heart facial shape is to make the forehead appear smaller and the jawline to appear wider.
Your Makeup Essentials:
- A Lighter Foundation
- Two shades of eyeshadow, one medium and one darker
- Powder Brush
- Conturing/Bronzing Powder
- Blush Brush
- Apply foundation to your face, throat and chest(depending on your top garment's neck line) covering all skin evenly.
- Apply the lighter shade of foundation(should be within one or two shades of your regular color) on both sides of the jawline to make it appear broader.
- Eyeliner is applied to the base of the lids from the outside of the eye twords the nose. Use a smooth motion and make the line sweep up slightly. Repeat the same motion to create a line on the bottom, stopping at the center of the eye.
- Using the lighter eyeshadow, cover your each eyelid and slightly brush in an upward motion for a quarter of an inch.
- Apply the darker shade of eyeshadow over each eyelid and just above the crease of the eye. For asian women and those with small eyelids, leave the lids light, and blend the darker shade just above the crease.
- Mascara is applied to your eyelashes, brushing in a small "s" pattern as you pull up. This coats the all sides of each lash and separates them.
- For women with darker skin under the eyes, apply concealer. Concealer is usually one step lighter than the foundation. This may also come in handy to clean up any eyeshadow that may have dropped under the eyes.
- Using a powder brush, take your conturing or bronzing powder (should be slightly darker than your foundation) and lightly brush your from the temples up.
- Define your brows with the liner pencil. If your brows have very light hair, draw the brows on by slowly building them up in a slight arch. This should start at one end of the eye, and end at the other end, making sure the brow is slightly longer than the eye.
- To apply blush, lightly brush high on the cheekbones below the pupil of the eye, and blending at an angle towards the center of your ear.
- Apply a medium or light lipstick to the lips if you desire.
Glasses For Heart Shaped Faces
A heart facial shape should choose oval or round frame shapes. The frames must not be wider than the width of your face. Choosing frames that are light in color, or even rimless will help distract from the upper portion of your face. Many women find that childrens' frames give them a better fit, and sometimes cost less than larger adult frames.
Jewelry for Heart Face Shapes
People with heart shaped faces need to broaden the appearance of the jawline.
- Earrings should be longer than they are wide.
- Earring shapes like ovals, tall rectangles, and tear drops work well.
- Square, circle and other wider shapes can be worn if they dangle far from the lobe of the ear.
- Choker and other tight fitting necklaces look great on your neck.
- Chunky beads and amulets can be worn as long as they are short length and wrap close to the neck.
Tweet your friends what face shape you are! TweetWant to Keep Face-Shape.com Free? Let us know how you like it!