You just need a few items to get started.
- Something to measure relativley with. This can be a measuring tape, or even a piece of string or a sheet of paper from your printer.
- a mirror
- a pen
- a sheet of scrap paper
If don't you want to measure, you can always just look in the mirror to estimate your answers.
- Stand or sit in front of a mirror so you can see your entire face, from top of head to below the chin, and pull back all your hair to expose your hairline.
- Start with getting your face length. Place the edge of your measuring tape (or paper or string) on the top of the forehead directly in the middle of the face. Run the measuring tape down your face, over your nose, to the tip of your chin.
- Record this measurement on the scrap paper. Read the number at the end of the measuring tape, or just mark on the string or paper as "Face Length".
- Look in the mirror and find the widest point on your face, this could be at your cheeks, your forehead, or your jaw depending on your face shape.
- Measure the width your face by running the measuring tape across your face, over any facial features until you come to the same point on the opposite side of your head.
- Record this measurement on the scrap paper. Read the number at the end of the measuring tape, or just mark on the string or paper as "Face Width".
- Compare the two measurements and answer the question below.